Sunday, July 29, 2012

The BIG, BIG Simply Living Book Swap.



FREE BOOKS


I have just stumbled over a book swapping site in Australia where people buy and sell their books. Postage is included in the price, and any profit is marginal. 

What if we here do a swap where the only cost is postage (no money is exchanged) and we don't choose our book - but get a lovely surprise in the mail?  

 We have in common the desire to live simply - sharing our goods, conscious consuming and frugal living are some of the areas that we are exploring together - but we are also a varied bunch with a wide range of interests. I think this is exciting. You can not pigeon hole us, and we can learn so much from one another. Won't this be a great opportunity to connect on a real level? 

Reading is one of life's simple pleasures, isn't it? We all seem to enjoy it. Some of you have even shared your recommendations in the comment section of the last post. What does that list say about us? 

 This is how I see it working:

1. Leave your contact details in the comment section. I check all comments before they are posted and I promise those details will not be published. Or if it is easier find me on FB and leave me a private message. (While you are there you might like to check out my FB page https://www.facebook.com/thesimplylivingchallenge )

2. Then I will do what  magic I can - matching you with someone else from your country. 

3.No money will be exchanged, but of course you will need to spend money in posting your book. 

4. If I can't match you with someone from your country I will request that you send the book by sea (it is cheaper) to someone elsewhere. It may take some time to get to its destination, but I am sure it will be worth the wait, and who doesn't love a 'surprise' package in the mail? I have sent several books to friends this year - two overseas. And it seems to me they arrive just when they are needed the most!  

5.Tuck into the pages a photo of yourself, a little note or a book mark. Maybe share why this book means something to you. Personalise the experience however you like. 

6. Be sure to send something that you would like to receive yourself. In other words don't send 'rubbish'. But I would be very surprised if any of you did that. 

So what are you waiting for?

Smile,

Asta x






9 comments:

  1. Hi Asta,
    Of course I'll join in!
    Penny Reeve

    Yay Penny. You are our lucky number 1!!!

    I have no idea how to edit the comments so that I leave out the addresses so I will just post them like this as they come along. - Asta :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!
    Match me up!
    Michelle Evans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm in :)
    Thanks for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm in :)
    Thanks for the invitation.
    Paula Vince

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far today I have matched 6 together! I never knew being a match maker could be so much fun. - Asta :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea, Asta! I'd love to play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dana Stevenson wrote this - 'Me! And all should check out Paperbackswap.com (a book swap site where you only pay postage)

    Kristine Morgan also joined up - 'Sounds like fun! Thanks for organizing this!'

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far 30 on the books and 22 matched! Yahoo. A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that was a huge success!!!! Thanks to everyone who got involved, and I am sorry to the two I could not match because of language issues. Asta x

    ReplyDelete